Looking for a challenging yet rewarding career in the design industry?LightForm is seeking talented, dedicated, and professional individuals who desire a challenging and rewarding work environment. LightForm is a team of design-driven sales and support staff who help Canada’s interior design and architecture professionals light their residential, commercial, and hospitality projects. We are the Canadian partner for more than 25 top modern lighting manufacturers from Europe and North America, and our clients include some of the country’s most innovative and exciting design and architecture firms. Our showrooms in Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary showcase some of the most unique, exclusive, and iconic collections of modern architectural and decorative lighting from around the world and serve as an exciting event space for designer visits, parties, and educational sessions. LightForm is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits packages. CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES VANCOUVER
CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES EDMONTON
Are you an experienced sales professional? Does the thought of being part of the city’s most exciting design projects motivate you? Eager to launch a challenging yet rewarding career in the design industry?
If so, we have a brilliant career opportunity for you as an Account Executive, based out of our spectacular Edmonton showroom located on the bustling 124 Street.
This full-time position will provide you with the opportunity to leverage your design and/or lighting background as you work with Edmonton’s design professionals, helping them light their residential, commercial, and hospitality projects. As a natural people-person, you will develop and maintain strong working relationships with interior designers, architects, electrical engineers, homebuilders, and homeowners, as you help them create lighting plans and source lighting to realize their vision for a space. Your goal will be to become their trusted lighting advisor.
Your average day will see you delivering memorable sales presentations, developing business by connecting with design professionals, and working with LightForm’s internal support staff to prepare estimates, negotiate quotes, and maintain client relationships to ensure highest level of customer satisfaction. Your keen eye for opportunity will transport you around the city and in contact with key decision makers.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- 2-3 years of experience in a competitive sales environment
- Experience in commercial and decorative lighting industry with an emphasis on sales directly to the architecture and design community
- Ability to read design and lighting drawings
- Impeccable communication and time management skills
- Ability to deliver strong company and product presentations
- Must be a self-starter, capable of working in a fast paced environment with a high degree of independence
- Must be prepared to be outside of the office on sales calls 90% of the time
- Vehicle required
- Design or Business Degree (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
If you’re serious about a career in the design industry, you’ll find that LightForm offers a rare opportunity for career advancement (i.e., to make money!) while working with experienced design professionals to create beautiful spaces.
We are looking for someone who is hungry to learn and make a career in the design world.
Candidates who aspire for a competitive, yet rewarding career in sales will be motivated by the opportunity for advancement and travel to design shows. A full benefits package is offered to all full-time employees. Compensation and commission rates are based on experience.
We invite all qualified applicants to send a cover letter and resume and with the position being applied for in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES TORONTO
LightForm has a career opportunity for an experienced Information Management Coordinator in its downtown Toronto office. Reporting to the IT/Operations Manager, the Information Management Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and managing the flow of information and data within our enterprise management system.
Our ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years of experience in an information management role, will have advanced Microsoft Excel skills, and will possess a keen sense of organization and attention to detail.
You will enjoy this role if you are a natural problem solver, love being organized, and are motivated by opportunity to be a key member of our team.
Duties will include:
- Entering & updating data in LightForm’s ERP System, NetSuite
- Managing data using Microsoft Excel
- Managing data updates of New Items, Discontinued Items, and Pricing Updates for LightForm’s vendors
- Updating technical lighting specifications for each vendor
- Coordinating CSV imports of vendor items mapped to NetSuite fields
- Looking for new innovative approaches to improve our processes, data quality, and reporting
- Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related technical field
- Advanced computer and Microsoft Excel skills
- NetSuite experience recommended
- Excellent communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Must participate and effectively communicate with team members
- Must have potential to advance and be willing to work extra hours as required by supervisor
- Demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills with keen attention to detail and ability to consistently produce high-quality deliverables
- Lighting industry knowledge an asset
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
LightForm is Canada’s largest importer of modern European lighting for the commercial and residential industries. With offices in 4 locations throughout Canada, LightForm is an exciting place to learn about the lighting industry and obtain valuable skills to build your career.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Do you love design? Have a knack for sales? Does the thought of calling one of Toronto’s most spectacular showrooms your office excite you? If so, we have a brilliant career opportunity for you as a Showroom Sales professional in our Toronto showroom, located in the exciting Queen West design district.
As our Showroom Sales person, you’ll leverage your naturally outgoing personality and keen eye for design to welcome visitors to our art gallery-like showroom and help them find the right light for their space. Our ideal candidate is an experienced sales professional who knows how to engage showroom visitors by presenting themselves as a trustworthy advisor, and how to follow up promptly with pricing and other specifications. You must be highly capable of multi-tasking and should take pride in offering impeccable customer service.
Your average day will bring you in contact with like-minded design enthusiasts and you will be communicating regularly with customers by phone, email, and in-person. You will take ownership of the showroom like it’s your own home, treating visitors like guests and colleagues like family. We have a motivating team environment in which everyone is ready to jump in and lend a hand when needed.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum one year in retail sales
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work individually and as part of a team
- A great eye for detail and a passion for interior design and fashion
- Visual merchandising experience an asset
- Event planning and hosting experience favourably viewed
- Intermediate/advanced skills in the use of POS and MS Office Suite software a bonus
This ongoing, full-time position has typical hours of 8:30am – 5:00pm five days a week, including Saturdays, therefore availability and willingness for weekend hours is a requirement. We regularly host events and attend fun design parties, so flexibility is required as professional functions/trade shows and other events may require temporary changes to these hours
With a philosophy and culture committed to quality, innovation, design, and customer service, LightForm is a fast growing company with a presence across Canada. We have tremendous career opportunities for people who are motivated, skilled, and reliable. Join our fun and dynamic team and begin an exciting and rewarding career in the design industry.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org